I did a solo trip to Bacolod , Negros Occidental last February since i was visiting Iloilo that time and i sailed straight to Bacolod the next day to spoil myself with this lovely view of Lakawon Island. Solo trippin’ Bacolod for me is easier if you would navigate the island with an internet connection.
Important Things to Consider
* Internet connection – will guide you on how to go from certain destination to the next* Power bank – to keep your smartphone charged* Extra cash – just in case Water – to keep you hydrated * Ride a jeep going to North Bus Terminal ( Ceres Terminal ) Take a bus going to Cadiz Alight to Martesan Bus TerminalRide a tricycleBoat ride for 15 minutes.
How to get to lakawon Budget Guide
* CERES Bus (Air Conditiones) to Martesan Bus Terminal in Cadiz City (Tell the bus driver that you will alight on the bust stop to Lakawon Island Budget P90.00
*Tricycle for 1 person (if you have someone with you divide it among yourselves) Budget P100.00
* At Lakawon office , pay for Environmental Fee.Boat ride fee and TerminalBudget P280.00
* Upon arriving , go straight to the Lakawon Offiice in the Island and Pay for Tawhai Floating Bar Budget P250.00
* Tricycle going back to Cadiz Bus Stop Budget P100
* CERES Ordinary Bus to Bacolod City Budget P50.00
These items will help you survive the day all by yourself in the beautiful Island of Lakawon and never forget to keep yourself hydrated since summer heat in Bacolod can be a little uncomfortable.
Note: The P250 entrance fee to Tawhai gives you a complimetary drink of Juice or Beer + Unlimited visit to the bar for that day. Keep in mind that the bar closes at 8pm.Extra expenses are food and alcoholic drinks to give you a chill vibes while you’re on the island!
At Lakawon Island
Sol Travel Tips
Always make friends with the people at the bar, including the staffs since Ilonggos are known to be hospitable and sweet. Try talking to Kuya Ariel! He offered to take photos of me for remembrance he said but I said i’m good with just seeing the bar and the island and told him that i will come back “for sure”.
Don’t drink too much since Lakawon is an hour away from Bacolod City. Pack light Get to know other people but always be careful
Stick on the budget ( If you’re a budget traveler )