I want to share something very important to all moms and dads out there, to be honest with you I really have no baby or kids by now at age of 33 I think this is really important things that every moms and dads should know, that saving money for your child is a great decisions your going to make. I want to share with you on how to open an account with BDO Junior Savers.
Children ages 0-12 years old can open a passbook account for as low as Php 100.00 and start earning interest upon reaching a Php 2,000.00 deposit balance.
To help build your child’s savings, you may automatically transfer funds from your existing BDO Savings Account to your child’s Junior Savers Account via Easy Saver or BDO Online Banking (enrollment is required).
If your child is 7-12 years old, please present at least one (1) original copy of the following:
- (a) School ID signed by the principal/school head
- (b) Passport
- (c) Birth Certificate issued by Local Civil Registry or NSO
- (d) If your child is under 7 years old, account is required to be under the name of parent/guardian.
Please bring the original copies of the following
- At least two (2) valid government-issued IDs of the parent/guardian
- Any of the child’s ID/document as indicated in above item (a) , (c)
- Adoption documents – applicable if the account is to be opened by the Adoptive Parent.
- Guardianship documents – applicable if the account to be opened is by the Legal Guardian.
|Php 100.00||Minimum Initial Deposit|
|Php 100.00||Minimum MADB Requirement (1)|
|Php 2,000.00||Minimum Balance to Earn Interest|
|0.25 %||Gross Interest Rate Per Annum|
(1) MADB – Monthly Average Daily Balance
FEES & CHARGE
|Php 300.00||Account Closure (2)|
|Php 300.00||Falling Below Minimum Balance (3)|
|Php 30.00||Account Dormancy (4)|
|20 %||Withholding Tax for Interest Earned|
(2) Account Closure Fee will be collected if account is closed within 30 days from account opening.
(3) Falling Below Minimum Balance Fee will be collected if account falls below the required minimum MADB for two consecutive months.
(4) Account Dormancy Fee will be collected if account is dormant and falls below the minimum MADB.
A savings account is dormant if it has no client-initiated activity for two (2) years.
Collection of the above fees will start five (5) years after the last client-initiated activity (e.g. deposit, withdrawal, etc.) date. The revised collection and dormancy fee is effective April 25, 2017.
For more information, please feel free to call BDO Customer Contact Center at (02) 631-8000 or visit any BDO Branch near you.
*This is not sponsored post*
- Where to stay in Boracay Island once re-opens to the public
- Finding Jewels in the Underwater at Pescador Island, Cebu Philippines